Safety is always in style. Go cordless.
Premier Window Fashions and The Window Covering Safety Council recommend using only cordless window coverings in young children's play rooms, bedrooms and sleeping areas.
Make The Right Choice!
The Window Covering Safety Council urges parents and caregivers to check all windowed areas of the home for potential window cord hazards by following these important cord safety rules:
- Install only cordless window coverings in young children's bedrooms and sleeping areas. Replace window blinds, corded shades and draperies manufactured before 2001 with today's safer products.
- Modify window blinds, corded shades and draperies manufactured before 2001 with retrofit cord repair devices or replace them with products made to the current safety standards.
- Move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys away from windows and window cords, preferably to another wall.
- Keep all window pull cords and inner lift cords out of the reach of children. Make sure that tasseled pull cords are short and continuous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall. Make sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit movement of inner lift cords.
- Lock cords into position whenever horizontal blinds or shades are lowered, including when they come to rest on a window sill.
Learn more about window covering safety from Superbaby!